Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy Sunday! :)

I had a nice Sunday! :)

I felt a little sick in the morning, probably because of the Juju Cleanse I just had. Because of this, I wasn't able to do the Jessup footnotes for A. Cris. :( I hope she understands, and I hope she's not too stressed with Jessup.

It's a good thing that I eventually got better. I watched the Feast via the internet while recovering. Bo gave another good talk. He said: "Focus on the purpose, not the problem." When a person does this, eventually, the problem will become irrelevant. I will do my best to do this everyday. I look forward to the day when this heartbreak becomes totally irrelevant in my life. I am gifted with so many things and I know I have a special purpose in this world. I need to get back on track soon :)

Afterwards, I met with TIm in UP. I attended a Victory Church service. It was similar to the Feast, but it focused more on interpreting the Bible. I liked it when the people there prayed for each other. I felt the energy of their prayers.

After the service, Tim helped me buy my first Bible. I like it so much, it's pink :D. It's also very handy. I'm excited to read it. I hope I can get inspiration from it every day.

Tim introduced me to Ate Lyn, her helper, and Rai, her former classmate.

Rai seemed like such a bright person. She is taking her Ph.D. in Economics in Germany and is now on a research visit. I admired how she seemed so happy with what she is doing. I miss being like that. I claim that I will be soon! :)

We also ran into Kuya Jules, a photocopy machine attendant in Law. He had a heart attack recently, so we wished him well. He said he was looking for alternative methods to heal his ailment. I just hope our prayers for him will help.

Tim and I decided to have lunch in PB Co. I was so excited to eat after my cleanse! I had the Diablo Fish Pasta with half a Sesame Peanut Butter sandwich on the side, and Iced tea. I wasn't satisfied afterwards, however, so I had another half sandwich of Sesame Fried Fish. :) So yummy! :)

I then attended Tim's small group. My good friend Dianne joined us. The Bible lesson this time is about Manna and Quail. The moral is, sometimes, even when we are so blessed, we complain, because we focus on our problems. This is part of being human. However, we must always keep in mind that even during out toughest times, God will always give us enough (like the Manna and Quail). This message is so perfect for my situation.

I need to remind myself that I am so blessed with my health, resources, family and friends. No matter how sad I get, and no matter how tough things get for me, I have enough. I have enough to get me through this.

I am so excited! It feels like I'm finally getting the fresh start that I want.

I plan to start these habits starting tomorrow:

- Come to work on time
- Exercise after I wake up
- Clock in 3 hours of study time

I'm also thinking of doing a fast, but more on this later.



No comments:

Post a Comment