Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Vicarious Happiness

I am a very empathetic person. I am the kind of friend that loves giving hugs and words of comfort whenever a friend tells me about a bad day. I am also the kind of friend who, when a friend rants to me about a certain person, would feel angrier than my friend.

Recently though, I had been experiencing the flip side of this particular trait of mine. Recently, my friends had been telling me about happy, good news in their lives and I find that I am also feeling happy myself, more so because not so long ago these people were telling me about their many problems. I'm so glad that they made it through, and it warms my heart knowing that I was part of getting them through that difficult stage in their lives. :) 

I have mentioned in my earlier post that I am in a season of waiting, so I am super thankful for this different source of happiness. It amazes me how He provides for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment