Friday, May 3, 2013

Bubble Tea during Blackout Night

April 27, 2013

Last Saturday we had a blackout at home. I took this as a sign that I should take a break from studying, so I went out with my friend to watch Iron Man in Trinoma. After the movie I decided to take out dinner so I could ear and study at home, but when I got home there was still no electricity.

My desk in my upstairs bedroom - all set for a blackout night!

I decided to just make last Saturday a full-fledged bar break day. I had my take out in my upstairs bedroom (this is where I relax, my downstairs room is where I study) while I watched Big Bang Theory. I ordered take out from Bubble Tea. I was surprised to find out that they offered real food in there.


Takoyaki

Salmon Sushi

Melon Milk Tea

I liked their takoyaki. It had a smooth, firm texture and had generous fillings consisting of squid and vegetable bits. It was topped with tasty takoyaki sauce, mayo, and seaweed strips.

The salmon sushi was not that impressive. The rice was too sweet, and it didn't have that malabsa texture I love in sushi. The salmon itself was not fresh. The wasabi mayo didn't have enough wasabi.

The milk tea was excellent though. It was filling in itself. The pearls weren't that chewy, but the milk tea itself had just the right balance of tea, milk, and sweetness.


I had a nice break from studying. Sheldon Cooper never fails to crack me up. And I got so full from all the food! We didn't get our electricity  back until around 3:00 am so I wasn't able to get good sleep. It's so hot this summer, even at night. Grabe. Nonetheless, the blackout gave me a reason to take a break. :D

Oh well. Back to studying ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment