Friday, May 3, 2013

Ra Men Oh! with Bong

April 30, 2013

I was having a Japanese craving but I couldn't go far because I had to study. I googled "Ramen Katipunan" and Ra Men Oh! showed up.

The reviews I read were all praises for the joint, so I decided to check it out. I invited Bong to come along with  me.

The place is conveniently located in Rosa Alvero St., the one in the middle of Mcdo and Shakey's. It's at the building where Drew's is. I came there at about 8:30 pm and was worried that they might be closed already, but they weren't. Afterwards I found out that they close at 9:00, but they didn't close until 10:00 that night because customers were still enjoying their meals. Nice.

The place had a mix of modern and traditional Japanese vibes. It was neat, clean, and bright, and I liked it.

The view from where I was seated

They had traditional Japanese tables, I decided to sit here.


You could also opt for their bar (that's what the waiter called it) which has a view of the street outside.


True to all the raves I read, the service here was excellent. The waiters were super friendly and accommodating. When I dropped my spoon, they readily brought me a replacement without me even asking. They evens served free hot tea.


Condiments - Soy sauce, chili oil, salt, and pepper

For my appetizer, I ordered their tofu steak. For Php99, this one is a steal. The silken tofu was perfectly fried and was not oily at all. They didn't scrimp on the tasty toppings. You get three pieces of tofu, which I think is generous enough.

Tofu Steak

For my main meal I ordered the Master's Mix Ramen, which consists of beef strips and leeks and half an egg in shoyu soup. I loved the flavor of the soup - a little sweet, and a lot of umami. For Php99, this one is super sulit. It had generous helpings of beef and leeks. I loved how the egg was boiled. I just wish they served it hotter. Also, I wish it had a whole egg instead of just half. 

Master's Mix

I'm a happy ramen eater!


The perfectly cooked egg

Bong arrived late, Tat around 9:00 p, (closing time) but he was still allowed to order. He had the same type of ramen I had, and he ordered their tempura. He said he didn't like the tempura batter as it was too heavy. 

Bong and his food


All in all though we had a nice time here. Definitely try this place out if you're looking for a budget Jap fix. :D

Thanks Ra Men Oh!

1 comment: