Monday, March 25, 2013

Azta Urban Salon - MLV Hair Color

About a week ago I attempted to color my hair on my own, but it didn't give me the "transformation" I wanted. The only reason why I didn't want to go to a salon and have my hair fixed is because of my limited budget, so I was thrilled when I found this online:


This was posted in Azta Urban Salon's Facebook page. I stumbled upon the page after Archon Cris and I chatted about hair coloring last Sunday and decided to search for salons with promos. It was perfect, we thought, as that day was the last day for making appointments for the promo. We set an appointment with Azta Katipunan for the following day.

Unfortunately, Cris couldn't make it because she had Jessup training, so I ended up going there by myself.

I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and was made to wait for a while. I was assigned to Mr. Ed (Stylist) and Ms. Car (Assistant). Ed asked me which shade I preferred. 

MLV Color Swatches


I explained to him that I wanted something that would make me look "mabait", as my dark, thick hair made my mataray features more mataray. He recommended the shade "Light Golden Mahogany Blonde" to me. I just decided to trust his judgment.



I actually did a little research on this MLV hair coloring product. I wondered why it was cheaper. The product, according to the blogs I've read is from Taiwan and is relatively new. It's supposed to be more fragrant (without the smell of ammonia) and gentle (no sting) as compared to other hair coloring products.

 Ed and Car applying the solution to my hair

 They even applied it on my eyebrows!

I'd have to say that I do not agree with the other blogs. I did smell the ammonia in the product my skin did sting a little, but the odor and the sting didn't really bother me that much, so it's okay.


 My hair being blown dry


 Finished!

I also had my hair trimmed by the way. I'd have to say, Ed and Car worked efficiently, and they were friendly, but not too friendly. They didn't force me to have an endless conversation with them, but they accommodated all my questions about the process. The hair coloring, trim, and blow dry was finished in about two hours. Considering that I have very thick hair, this was quick! There was a time when a stylist took a whole hour just to dry my hair. Even if they were quick, though, I didn't feel like they were rushing things. I also liked that they offered me a complimentary drink. I had their milk tea, and it was good!

After I was finished, they handed me this maintenance recommendation slip:



I like how they gave me the number of my stylist so I could contact him if ever I had any concerns. I was also relieved because they recommended products to me through this slip instead of cornering me during payment (like other salons).

I asked the receptionist (sorry I didn't get her name) to take a picture of me but my phone camera didn't quite capture how my hair looks like in the mirror. I really should get a phone with a better camera, I know.


I took this picture at home with my Sony Cybershot. I like how my hair turned out <3 p="">


The treatment cost me Php 1,175.00 (1,650 MLV hair color + 300 extra tube + 200 haircut - 975 discount).

I'd have to observe my hair for a couple of weeks before I give my final verdict, but based on the price and the quality of service, I would definitely recommend Azta Urban Salon's MLV Hair Color treatment to my friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment