Friday, March 8, 2013

Nakakalungkot :(

We got our salary for the second half of February today (I know, it's late! It's always late.). I noticed that the amount was less than usual, but I assumed it was because I did not report to work for three days because of an overseas trip. However, my co-workers also commented that theirs were less than usual, even when they had no absences.

Apparently, the accountants computed our salary on a per day basis instead of on a per month basis, which is what's stated in our contracts. My co-worker said that this has happened before. I asked if they paid back the difference before, and was relieved to find out that they did.

And then I asked, "But what if no one noticed, where would the difference go?". "Sa kanila na yun", my co-worker said. This just made me sad. To think that these people work in the same building. I see them everyday. I smile at them and greet them even.

My co-workers and I are "job order" employees, as compared to these accountants, who are regular employees. We don't have benefits. No overtime, no sick leaves. Many of my co-workers have families to support with their meager salaries. It's just so disheartening, so disappointing to find out that these people, out of greed, would do such a thing. I can't believe that they would want to steal from us.

*Sigh*. I feel so helpless. I'm not even in a position to effect some kind of change. I guess I would have to stick a pin on this issue until I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment