Monday, April 22, 2013

My first time at JCO

Last Friday morning I chanced upon a rare sight: an empty JCO store. Since I had time to spare before my yoga class, ad since I haven't had breakfast yet, I decided to have a little snack there and do some leisurely reading.


 That's my yoga equipment, book, and my JCO goodies

I got the JCOccino, and the JCOccino donut. The coffee cost me about Php 120, which is normal, but the donut was Php 45. Quite pricey.

 The JCoccino had a little something extra on top :)

I had high expectations from their coffee, because I've read raves about it. Unfortunately, My coffee experience did not live up to the hype. The coffee was just okay. It wasn't served hot enough, and honestly, matabang siya. :( It looked pretty, though.


I liked my JCOccino donut. It was not too sweet and had just the right hint of coffee flavor. The cream inside had a light and fluffy consistency. The server was also kind enough to give me a complmentary glazed donut. It was just that. It tasted like Krisp Kreme's, but I'd have to say that I still prefer Krispy Kreme's original glazed donut. JCO's doughnut dough is like ampaw kasi, halos puro hangin. I think JCO's edge is in its variety of flavors.

 JCOccino Donut, and my FREE glazed donut :)

Their shop was well-decorated and spacious. Very Bright. It was a bit too warm inside though. Is it because it's summer? I still wish they had adjusted the air conditioning a bit.


There were also flies inside. :( I don't know how they got there. :(



If the place were a little cooler, and if they got rid of the flies, I would definitely hang out here and study. I like the homey yet bright feeling of the place.

"Nothing is sweeter than the togetherness we share."

Below is a nice passage from the book I'm reading (Sophie's World). 

 "You can never know whether a person forgives you when you wrong them. Therefore it is existentially important to you. It is a question you are intensely concerned with. Neither can you know whether a person loves you. It's something you just have to believe or hope."


No comments:

Post a Comment