Saturday, April 6, 2013

Red Garlic Cafe Bistro with the Castro Sisters

Last Wednesday I really wanted to go out and get some comfort food after a long and tiring day at the office. Thankfully Archon Karen and Kacel were available to binge with me.

I wanted Japanese food but didn't want to go far. I also wanted to go somewhere new. I then remembered that I wanted to go to Red Garlic for the longest time but never had the chance to do so, so this was my chance.

Red Garlic is in Katipunan Extension, near Banapple. It has a very diverse menu consisting mostly of comfort food. They have sushi, sandwiches, steak, pasta, and dessert! I like their menu, but I'm confused as to why the restaurant is called Red Garlic. They didn't seem to have any garlic themed food.

The popper is served in a shot glass with cream cheese

We started off with their Jalapeno Poppers, which we got for free because I used my CitiBank Credit Card.

 Jalapeno Poppers

We just gobbled these things up! Very nice presentation. The pepper had just the right amount of spiciness for me and the cream cheese balanced the spicy flavor. The wrapper had a nice crispy texture. It was deep fried but it wasn't too oily.

Tazmanian Devil Maki

Eel, egg, crab, and shrimp inside 

I had the Tazmanian Devil Maki. It had eel (my favorite), egg, crab, and shrimp in it. The maki was fried and I liked that I didn't taste any oil in it. The rice could use a little more vinegar in my opinion, and the eel was a little dry, but I still enjoyed eating it.

Do you think I can finish this?? 

This is good enough for three people, or one starving person.

The maki was super BIG, by the way. Because of this, I wasn't able to eat it like a maki should be eaten (whole). I had to get little pieces of the maki with a spoon and fork. They have very big servings in Red Garlic. It's better to go here when you're in a group.


Kacel, me and Archon Karen

Archon Karen had the Chicken Sandwich. It was served with fries. She seemed to like the sandwich. I tried the fries and they were very tasty. The potatoes were fresh and I likes the coating.

 

Kacel had the lasagna. She couldn't finish it because of the super big serving!  I tried it too. It was good, but nothing special. A little too sweet for my taste, but I liked that it was cheesy.


The menu items here range from 250-500. Quite pricey, but worth it because of the big servings and good quality. The place looks and feels nice too. It's a perfect place to have a long meal and chat with friends. As for the three of us, we came in at about 6pm and went out at around 9:40pm, and we didn't even notice the time :)) I guess that's what happens when you have good food and good company :)


No comments:

Post a Comment